The Matrix Revolutions

The Matrix Revolutions ★★★

Bumped up half a star, the thing with this film is there really isn't any flaws in terms of integrity to what makes The Matrix what it is.

Morpheus still with his unwavering faith in the belief in The One. Trinity still operating unhinged around her love of Neo and ultimately accepting her choices and accepting the consequences (tragic). Neo accepting his choices and realising there is no other way. The showdown with Smith is one of the greatest things ever for both its visual splendor and its philosophy etc.

My thing last time was the battle of Zion, I didn't like it and I thought it slowed it down completely and took me out. This time I understand more, I still don't love that part of the movie but it stays faithful as the greatest weapon and threat is hope and belief - also some crazy sights to behold in that war.

I still for sure don't understand every single subtext but will continue to learn more and more this movie and trilogy has to offer. Resurrections is going to go so hard I can smell it.

Jordan liked these reviews