Split ★★★★

Don't worry, he's not allowed to touch you. He knows what you're here for. He listens to me.

What a well shot, well acted and very warm return for Shyamalan. This movie has James McAvoy play a man with 24 personality's. Not a single persona faltered, he gave 100% in each and every frame. Had this come out in December, and if it wasn't a "Shyamalan movie" an Oscar nod would not surprise me in the least. When he was eerie, eeriness bled from the screen. When he was comedic, it was spot on. Every character of his was completely original and interesting. He pulled it off astoundingly. Anya Taylor-Joy gave a really good performance as well. One character was a little exposition heavy, without contributing to much to the story which was pretty much the only thing that bugged me in the movie. I believe this movie is a full fledged, no doubt comeback for director M. Night Shyamalan. This movie also gave me the coolest opening for a film I have seen in a quick minute! "Split" throws you in immediately into it's performance driven madness and fun. And, while I initially wasn't satisfied with the very end, buckle up cinephiles, you're in for a treat.

Josh_Ceranic liked these reviews