Josiah Morgan’s review published on Letterboxd:
some things i like about in a valley of violence:
1. i like that in a valley of violence opens with ethan hawke saying the plot for ten minutes
2. i like that the dog has superpowers
3. i like james ransone, i hope he gets famous soon. give him money, he looks sad.
4. i like that ethan hawke gets emotional halfway through and yells at a bird to vent his anger
5. i like that this score wants to be like what ennio morricone did in once upon a time in the west except it feels more like mulholland drive
6. "nothing like some good ol' shot reverse shot"