Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused ★★★★★

10/10

So...I kind of Loved this movie.

It's been described as one of the best "hangout" movies of all time. That title fits perfectly for this movie. The plot is simple, it's the last day of school in 1976 and stuff happens. However there is a story to be told about all these great characters.

The main character, I would say, is Randall "Pink" Floyd, which is probably one of the best nicknames I've ever heard. Every character is so memorable, they're so entertaining to watch to see what kind of stuff they do. Slater, Mitch, O'bannion,

Also probably most memorable, Wooderson, yes yes yes. Okay okay okay. Sure sure sure. He's played by the great Matthew McConaughey in his first role and he crushes it. He's just a chill guy, who living life the way he wants to live it and doesn't care what anyone else tells him even if his way of living isn't that noteworthy.

The one thing that bugs me about Linklater is sometimes, his scenes just feel like "HEY! REMEMBER THIS?! WASN'T IT COOL!" That was one of my main issues with Boyhood but in this film it wasn't too present. I felt all the old songs he had crammed into this film were a tad bloated. However, it is a great soundtrack. He needs to ease up on the use of nostalgia though.

Wow, just after watching it, I immediately wanted to watch it again. It's so rewatchable. It's a very easy watch but it certainly isn't dumb. Linklater has crafted such good characters and scenarios that it's just a fun time. There's no real one "narrative" I would say but multiple ones all linking to one another.

So many great scenes all intertwined into this one day.  The 70's were an interesting decade for sure. I'd fully recommend this film. A fun watch and a good time with great relatable characters.

JORDAN liked these reviews