This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
<Todd>’s review published on Letterboxd:
This review may contain spoilers.
Renny Harlin accidentally makes one of his best films and I totally dig it! How do the parents never believe that it is Freddy Krueger when he kills every fucking child of the parents that burned him to death? This has the dumbest and worst kill in history, but also maybe one of the 3 best kills ever.
Really like the character of Alice and the actress that plays her. The twist of this movie allows the franchise to continue indefinitely but isn't so insane that it makes the whole Elm Street Universe any less interesting.
- The one guy's dog being named Jason is a funny dig on Friday the 13th
- Try to find the character that looks like if Eli Manning was attractive
- Freddy in sunglasses...Dig it!
- Kristen is no longer played by Patricia Arquette...don't really care
- The boyfriend in this film clearly was the inspiration for Skeet Ulrich's role in Scream.
- There is a masterful use of a clip from Reefer Madness in this film.
The action/kill scenes, ridiculous 3D finale, and weird character transformations of the last 1/3 of this film is fantastic and makes the whole movie an overall success. I'd recommend this highly for camp horror genre lovers as well as general fans of bad good movies.