Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★

"Everyone fails at who they are supposed to be" -Frigga,

- MCU Ranked: boxd.it/1o5lG

There are only two Scorsese films I like better than Avengers Endgame and I'm completely fine with that.

The MCU is exactly what it wants to be and what it is supposed to be. I feel like it is silly not to give this film some credit for what it attempts to achieve and has achieved. This is probably the most any CBM has tried to accomplish in a single film, which already makes it noteworthy. It's also the final chapter in one of, if not the, most successful franchises in film history (Far From Home is an epilogue and as far as I'm concerned we are starting over now) which makes it important to a lot of people that have spent time with the films that develop these characters and these plot lines.

What I like most about Endgame is that it manages to make a comprehensible film with close to 60 characters... and it's fun. The story is everything that super hero comic books do well... convoluted fantasy with occasional jokes. I like seeing the mini-teams go on little adventures and getting a chance to visit with characters from past films. I think this is the third best looking of the films (Infinity War, Winter Soldier) and I like the performances, specifically of Downey Jr. and Chris Evans.

It's my thing.