Spider-Man: Far from Home ★★★★

"It's so haaaaaaard to say goodbyyyyyye to yesterdaaaaaaay" Boy II Men,

- MCU Ranked: boxd.it/1o5lG
- 2019 Ranked: boxd.it/2lsbC
- Spider-Man Ranked: boxd.it/2RX8S

Dang, Nick Fury gets super sensitive about Captain Marvel's name... oh and this movie is pretty good.

In many ways this is actually the epillogue to Endgame and the true conclusion of the big first wave. This is a movie about moving on, finding humanity, passing the torch, proving who belongs and doesn't, etc. It left me feeling good about the future of the franchise.

I really loved Homecoming and Far from Home is another strong outing for the Marvel Spiderman franchise. They really struck gold with Tom Holland and Zendaya who have the best onscreen chemistry in the MCU between a man and a woman (y'all know what I'm talking 'bout). The rest of the teens are great as well. It's fun to see Nick Fury adjust to Tom Holland. Casting is superb.

I love all of the teen drama in these films and I think the writing and improv of the teachers is fantastic. This story makes a lot of sense as the next step and if this film is any indication Marvel isn't rebuilding they are reloading... haha, that was kind of a lame dad thing to say but I''m leaving it in.

YES GO SEE THIS!

APPENDIX A: Marvel Culture Wars Mission Report:
The good news is that we are all going to be just fine:
- The reviewers that get off on writing about how these films are destroying cinema are still here and better than everyone else.
- The people that debate whether each film is a 4.5 or 5 and never bother with the rest are here and still being stans just as hard as many of you who lose your shit every time you see a film about a sad teenager.
- The talented script-writing, excellent casting and fun action is here.

P.S. I want Tom Holland to be my friend.

liked these reviews