The Kissing Booth 3

The Kissing Booth 3 ★★★

"We could get arrested for that one" - Elle Evans,

- 2021 Ranked: boxd.it/aL2Ys

Whiny white children is such a fun genre.

Hating on these movies is so boring... letterboxd is so uncultured. It really is so hard to say goodbye to yesterday. Finally, we finish the trio of stories about the most annoying teenagers on earth and their summer of excitement before they go off to college. This film is a god damn delight of stupidity. I've said this before and I'll say it again if you are taking these movies seriously and trying to evaluate them "objectively" you are missing the point. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the fact that you are better than these ridiculous people at the most awkward point in their life.

I think what I like about these movies is how realistic the bad traits of the teens are. Like they are all jealous, and petty, and trying to act more adult than they really are, and egocentric... it cracks me up. This story has some fun parts in it.... I mean who wouldn't want to have a live Mario Kart race... but mostly it's just got a melodramatic soap opera vibe and that's my jam. You watch these films to get caught up in someone's drama and then be able to safely say goodbye to it and I had fun being invested for a couple of hours. The acting is pretty atrocious but I enjoy that for this sort of film. Specifically, I'd like to highlight Joey King for being the queen of shit.. I hope she continues to post movies like this forever.

Only recommended to cool people.