Vice ★½

"I can't wait to see the new Fast and the Furious movie...it looks lit" -Focus Group member, affiliation unknown.

-2018 Ranked: boxd.it/1O9TO
-Scavenger Hunt 46: boxd.it/2hKQA
Clue 19. something with AN ACTOR IN HEAVY MAKE UP (10/31)

One of the dumbest, most self-congratulatory biopics that I have ever seen. I'm not even sure how to respond to something this stupid. What's next for Adam McKay? A movie about first responders during 9/11 with a laugh track?

The quote that I included was written by an asshole who also wrote many movies (some that I like) that fill the same role as the Fast and the Furious film franchise. This is a movie about how Republicans are dumb and evil, written and produced for an audience of liberals that are too dsense to read a Wikipedia section. In addition to various historical inaccuracies , this movie has no central theme except to be a hit film on the worst guy to ever hold elected office (yep, I would rather have Trump than Cheney, that's how bad Cheney was). There's no clear tie-in to why this matters now or what should be learned from it. They spend so much time at the beginning and then just fucking yada yada the whole second election, the 9/11 commission, and continuation of the war seemingly because they got bored and ran out of time. It's a 2 hour SNL sketch that would have been cut for time.

Oh and by the way, I don't give a fuck how it looks in 4K.

Ideally Recommended For: People that find Michael Moore documentaries too confusing, people that miss their frat days, middle and high-schoolers that can't read.

liked these reviews