Bombshell

Bombshell ★★★½

Based on tepid reviews I was not as enthusiastic to see this as I should have been.  Why has everyone been so harsh? I thought it was great. Perhaps they didn’t like the make up or found the ladies of Fox News unsympathetic...

All three lead characters are brilliant, with different perspectives and motivations but all very much helpless victims of abuse. But Gretchen Carlson, played by Nicole Kidman, is hailed as the true hero here for If it weren’t for her “throwing herself off a cliff”, none would have followed.  Megyn Kelly is the most powerful anchor who inspires others to come forward.  Kayla, a fictional character played by Margot Robbie, is the newcomer who’s enthusiasm and naïveté leaves her vulnerable to the toxic culture at Fox.

This story is a cohesive one yet the only time the three women intersect physically is in that elevator scene.

I hate that Ailes and O’Reilly were paid more in severance than the total paid to the 20plus women who received settlements.

There are many more stories that need to be told. Hope we continue to hear them.

Btw Richard Kind is in this.  Brace yourself.  If there is a make up award, it’s for him!

Julie liked this review