Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion ★★★★★

100/100

Afraid of rewatching this because usually a film does not tend to be as good as the first time watching it, but somehow this was better than last time. I've watched Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion three times now, and I can safely say that Shinji and Asuka are my favorite characters of all time. This film tortures their mind onto madness; destroying everything previous, to make them question what reality is. End of Evangelion is known for being a complete mindfuck that is impossible to grasp at times, and it is. This film is not meant to only be understood; it is meant to be felt, the pressure and anxiety of Shinji being the highlight of the film. Asuka's understanding of the AT field, and Misato's acceptance towards Shinji and her own mistakes. Not to say that you shouldn't try to understand this, simply that you don't really need every detail down to love this. There are many times where I didn't know what was really going on (I mean, with so much shit happening, who does?), but I still loved every second of it. This is the first time I've gotten a headache in a positive sense. What a masterpiece.

Jumpy liked these reviews