Fast & Furious 6

Fast & Furious 6 ★★★

I really liked Fast 5. It was big dumb fun. There were funny jokes and even funnier over-the-top action scenes. This is not that movie. The jokes weren't as funny (and the word "joke" is stretching it a bit), the action was more incomprehensible, and the talky bits were less interesting than Fast 5. If all but one of your car action scenes are going to be at night you really should invest in cars that have different colors or something. It was all a bunch of lights shaking around the screen. I know they can do daylight scenes, I saw them in the last movie. And Lin could learn a thing or two from Sodaberg and how he shot the action scenes in Haywire. I'm sure these guys can pull off the punching parts, lets see it happen. I'm usually a shaky cam apologist but this just didn't work. There's a lot of talk about family and it's fine, it's just kinda silly at this point. It's like these guys are a bunch of cultists who are indoctrinated to love, serve, and protect the family. I guess Vin Diesel would be the head of the cult, and every new member would be bathed in motor oil or muscle juice. Still, it's mostly fun, just not as much fun as the previous entry. The end promises something big for Fast 7, though, so I'll be there.

Block or Report