Mad Max: Fury Road ★★★★★

Part of jvince's Top 200 Films of All Time

jvince's Top Ten Films of 2015: #1

Second Review. Ten More Good Reasons!

"Remember me?"

Ten Good Reasons Why You Should See Mad Max: Fury Road:

#1. Max. Tom Hardy proves once again why he's fucking awesome.

#2. Furiosa. Charlize Theron's best role yet. One badass chick that could give Ripley a run for her money.

#3. The damsels NOT in distress. Women can be hot and strong and not completely helpless? What? You don't say.

#4. The vehicles. The war rig is love.

#5. The chase. Ohmygodholymotherfuckingshit.

#6. The stunts. Massive props to the stunt crew. Surprised no one got seriously injured during filming. Proof that CGI can never beat the real thing.

#7. The sights. Once you enter the sandstorm, you'll agree—this thing is a beauty.

#8. The sounds. Pure, theater-rumbling bliss. Junkie XL's music goes perfectly with the chaos.

#9. The maestro. George Miller is like a mad scientist and a minister, the wedded couple are blockbuster and exploitation, and their offspring is Fury Road—a Frankenstein monster relishing in big-budget, B-movie destruction.

#10. The madness. The stupendously stupefying, relentlessly intense, off-kilter as fuck, breathtaking, jaw-dropping, oh-so-glorious madness. What a lovely day. What a lovely fucking day indeed. Mad Max: Fury Road comes highly recommended.

The Scorecard:
Sound: ★★★★★
Entertainment: ★★★★★
Replay: ★★★★★
Overall Rating: ★★★★★

P.S. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the original Mad Max films, but I loved the fuck out of Fury Road.

I admire George Miller as a director, but the reason why I'm not a big fan of the first two is because he was constrained by a limited budget on those films. Mad Max and Road Warrior are admirable efforts, but they're not indicative of Miller's full capabilities as a director.

In Fury Road, we finally get to see his full vision realized. This is the Mad Max Miller imagined but couldn't make 36 years ago. This is George Miller let loose. This is pure, unadulterated, gonzo mayhem.