La La Land

La La Land ★★★★★

Not all dreams are attainable. And most certainly we must sacrifice some dreams to achieve others. Yet as we enter into that stage of life where we are no longer thinking just about ourselves, but also a significant other, of children, of family, the very nature of our own dreams becomes selfish. That in a pursuit of ones own dreams, we can sacrifice the dreams of others. Or the dreams we have with others. dreams are wonderful, but also unattainable, one more thing that you cannot make true.

Sometimes our lives don't go the way we want and the only one we have to blame is ourselves. That isn't to say that our lives are horrifically messed up or ruined, just that the thing we wanted most at one point might end up costing us what we currently have. That ambition, desires, dreams... are fickle things.

Luke 9:25 "For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself." Don't get lost in pursuit of something you can't make true in the end, in pursuit of something that ultimately isn't true.

Justin liked these reviews