Room ★★★★½

What a powerful and emotional roller coaster ride this film is. I've been trying to see this movie for months and now that I've finally seen it, I can say that it was worth the wait. I was first introduced to Lenny Abrahamson through his previous movie, 'Frank' (2014), a movie I enjoyed and made my top 20 of that year. This film confirms his talent as one of the best directors working today. Both Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay give the best performances of 2015. What this movie reminded me of as I watched was Roberto Benigni's, 'Life is Beautiful' (1997). Both of these films cinematically tell an emotionally vibrant story that somehow, is able to express mankind's resilience and love in the most horrific and desperate of circumstances. Heartbreaking, Life affirming, and eye opening. 'Room' somehow manages to succeed in being a cautionary and frightening tale in the exterior of the story yet absolutely beautiful and inspirational in the journey of the characters. See it, see it, see it.