It Chapter Two

It Chapter Two ★★★★

Let me first say, I definitely prefer the first film, but this film was brilliant in its own way! Loved all the new monsters and cinematography in this film!

Most important of all, THE CAST. Holy moly, this cast was phenomenal! Most movies aren’t as accurate with having adult versions or children versions that look like the counterpart, but wow, these actors both children and adults look like they’re actually related. But that doesn’t even compare to the acting of the adults. They portrayed the kids to perfectly, emulating all the features the kids brought to the first film!

There were some parts of the movie I didn’t care for, such as Henry Bowers. Maybe it was in the book (I only read a good chunk of the first part of the book) but he didn’t seem to add anything to the movie for me.

That being said, I appreciate the attention to detail put into this movie and incorporating what was actually in the book. I think it’s important that people do research the book to understand scenes like the hate crime from the beginning, because it could be taken out of context.

While I acknowledge and loved/supported the coming out of Richie (and potentially Eddie?) people on Tumblr have taken it to an EXTREME. That’s what happens when these things happen- it’s taken to an entirely different level. I wish people wouldn’t get so obsessed with it and create idiotic articles about Pennywise being “homophobic” because it is UTTERLY ridiculous....

Anyway, really well done movie, Andy! Can’t wait to see what you do next!!

Kayla liked this review