Scarface

Scarface ★★★★

“You wanna fuck with me?!?”

This film was directed by Brian De Palma and stars Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Steven Bauer

I’m gonna keep this review pretty short and just touch on my favorite aspects of the film just because I could honestly go on and on about all the things I loved about the movie. This is one of those cult classics that somehow took me so long to see and I gotta say, it was worth the all the praise and hype. It was during that chainsaw sequence in the first 30 minutes that I knew I was in for a bloody good time. Pacino is an absolute genius and it’s no surprise this was the film that skyrocketed his career. The film is almost 3 hours long and let me tell you this, you will not find a single dull moment in the movie, yes seriously this films pacing is perfect. Pacino created one of the most iconic characters of all time in this film, Tony Montana. The score and song selection by Giorgio Moroder is terrific. John A. Alonzo’s cinematography is actually really fantastic, there are some really gorgeous shots in the movie. Michelle Pfeiffer is an absolute FOX in the film and I don’t wanna sound like a creep but I seriously couldn’t take my eyes off her when she was on screen, her chemistry with Pacino was really great. Steven Bauer was also excellent, his performance brought a lot to the movie. The ending really got me, unfortunately it’s one of those movie endings that is extremely hard not to get spoiled to you and I knew what was coming but I still found myself in complete shock as it was happening.

Overall Scarface is surely one of the best crime films ever made and its truly GREAT.

8/10

“Say hello to my little friend!”

🦇 Kemper 🃏 liked these reviews