Don't Look Up

Don't Look Up

End of the world: A comet is headed towards earth and is expected to collide in the next 6 months. This is discovered by a PhD student played by Jennifernce Lawrence, who is excellent in the role. Her professor is played by Leonardo DiCaprio, seen here playing a role out of his comfort zone. Which was refreshing to see. What follows are a slew of disastrous reactions by the President, her staff, the media etc.

Parody or Real? What Adam McKay had done is imagined the event happening in the world we live in today. Unfortunately, it isn’t too far off. Yes, it’s on the nose, too literal and heavily handed. But it works. I laughed then I thought how scary it would be if this really happened. And this is probably how people will react. The movie is filled with stars. Personally, I enjoyed Jennifer Lawrence and Jonah Hill’s performances the most. Their comedic timing was on spot. Some of the writing lacked nuance and wit but it mostly succeeded in its intent.

I don’t get it: I really don’t understand the hate this movie is getting. I thought it was exactly how I imagined it to be, after watching the trailer. It’s a satire that is entertaining and it knows what it is. And I really appreciate that.

Khader liked these reviews