The Passion of Joan of Arc ★★★½

I've always been a bit reluctant to watching silent films, I haven't watched many, but even the good ones which I have watched, I appreciated them for their quality rather than actually enjoying or feeling anything in the movie. I can admit that films like , City Lights are well made and ingenious, yet I'd be lying if I said I laughed even once during that film, or even felt any real emotions. It was hard for me to understand the amount of critical acclaim some silent films received, I just couldn't picture a well-made silent being better than a well-made talkie in any universe.

Yet I was still partially interested in this film, based on the amount of critical acclaim it receives I knew I had to get around to it sometime, and after watching that amazing cinema scene in Vivre Sa Vie I was quite hyped for this, and I have to admit, a few minutes after the films starts, you forget that you are watching a silent film, rather you just lose yourself into the experience.

I'd go on longer, but I plan on rewatching the film, and I really don't have time to write a review. Just know this, the last few minutes of the films are indescribably good, the rest of the film, I have my complaints, but for the most part I loved.