Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★½

I went into this with VERY low expectations and so came out pleasantly surprised.

high points were Ant-man, Captain Marvel, Nebula, the family themes which were handled with more grace than I would usually expect from an Avengers outing, Cap using the hammer, a bunch of actual laugh-out-loud moments and the very ending, which was so so sweet.

low points include almost everything regarding Thor's storyline (really? really???? you're gonna treat my fave character like this??? also fuck everyone who laughed at literally every shot that showed his belly), Mark Ruffalo, Clint's hair, Nat's death (she's far from being my favourite but like... c'mon), and I can't think of anything else right now so I'm just gonna say Fuck Clint's Hair again. also a BUNCH of people in my cinema clapped when Cap said "Heil Hydra" in the lift. I understand... why.... kinda... but I didn't like that at all.

anyway I guess I enjoyed this; it's undoubtedly the best of the Avengers films, but that's not super high praise. it was mostly just cool to see everyone together at the end, and to realise that Paul Rudd is funnier than everyone else in the MCU put together.

(edit: after a lot of consideration, I've lowered my rating from 4 stars to 2.5.)

final rosie 🔪 liked these reviews