Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★½

"No raccoon or tree creatures were harmed during the making of this movie. However the same cannot be said for the handlers of the raccoon and tree creatures."

There are so many details in this movie to which I want to give a big thumbs up.

There are jokes are set up an hour in advance. There's foreshadowing. There are the comments that Yondu kept kid Peter around because he was small and could fit into places others couldn't, and then baby Groot is used for that exact thing.

I really like that Peter just starts shooting. He doesn't give his father a chance to explain; there's no argument.

Drax sitting, looking at the pools, remembering his family. He looks calmly thoughtful, but when Mantis touches him she begins to cry.

It's not ripe.

Harbulary batteries.

When baby Groot is being squashed by Ego, he's crying. Because he's just a child, and he's not prepared for any of this. That look on his face actually hurt my heart, and he's a CG tree.

It's great to watch Rocket go all First Blood on the Ravagers. And I will never get enough of Yondu taking out the mutineers. Hell yeah.

Also, the music has really grown on me. Listening to "Come a Little Bit Closer" borders on an addiction at this point.

Jennifer liked these reviews