Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming ★★★★½

Highly entertaining Marvel movie that FINALLY gives us a ground-level view to the superhero genre. We see superheroes from the eyes of the average citizen, and not just fleeting glimpses - this shows the actual impact that superheroes have had on society. Conversations, informational videos, fame, and enemies all directly involve superheroes and the outcomes of their actions. It's both refreshing and comedic since it directly addresses the insanity of the Marvel universe without making it feel like a joke itself. The film also addresses some real-world issues like slavery and race relations, which also roots the characters in reality without feeling out of place in the main plot.

This is one of the most enjoyable superhero movies I've seen because it keeps the plot quite small without feeling small to the character of Peter Parker. It's good to see such an action-packed movie without a "end-of-the-world" scenario. There's a lot to admire, plus a ton of fun homages to other teen movies over the decades. There is also an entire scene devoted to showing why Spiderman is absolutely useless outside of a highly populated area full of tall buildings.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Peter Parker and friends again.

Best post-credits scene of the entire Marvel universe so far.