Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049 ★★★★★

In the Mood for Something Humane.

Have you ever seen a miracle? Do you ever feel completely engulfed by the rainy cityscape, bathing in Deakin’s starlight and lost in your own labyrinthine imagination with industrial howls where you never stop searching for a piece of yourself? Joi's holographic warmth is the cure for this multicolored depression; snowflakes will soon melt and wash off like tears in rain as the illusion is shattered. Drunk in the reverie of being human, to linger on every texture of the earth and to be born with a purpose. Blade Runner 2049 doesn’t just mess with your head or heart; it messes with your soulful existence with a subtle implantation of elegiac memories. It interweaves reality and dream together to fabricate a cryptic puzzle of identity. A melancholic, big-budgeted poetry that makes you feel small while being enclosed by a faceless crowd - smaller than raindrops or snowflakes on the ground waiting to be crushed. Everything that lives is designed to end. “Is this a curse or some kind of punishment?” I’ve been thinking about this movie a lot lately, questioning who am I and listening to Nier: Automata’s soundtrack gives me some kind of feeling I have never experienced before...Interlinked.

Hungkat liked these reviews