Tenet

Tenet ★★★★

I've been watching a lot of movies with Sebi that I've already seen and this is the newest instance of that. This was definitely a mixed bag for him and understandably so.

I really enjoy this. I think the action is pretty great. The choreography with forward and backward people fighting with explosion and bullets flying conventionally and inversely is pretty amazing. The score is so cool and just a great time. The sound mixing is a problem at times, but if you play it loud enough or with subtitles, it isn't as big of a deal. Sebi had a bit of a problem with the sound mixing. At first he thought it was just him, but we talked after and I told him how a lot of people had a problem with it.

I don't have a problem with their method of storytelling and explanation of what's happening, but he did. He didn't like that they waited until the movie was half way through to explain what was happening effectively. I liked it, though, because it leaves you wondering in the moment and ties to together really well to make the whole film relevant. There's definitely some dialogue that gets caught up in trying to be cool, but for the most part I didn't mind it. I definitely annoyed this quite a bit, like I did the first time.
Sebi said he'd give this a 4/5