Rocketman

“Actually... I quite like strange”

This is it! My most hyped up film of the year! And it certainly didn’t disappoint.

Taron Egerton was incredible as Elton and this is easily one of his best performances!

Jamie Bell was the surprise stand out for me and was incredible as Bernie Taupin!

The music 😍. The Dance 😍 and those movement / fantasy sequences for this were just 😍😍😍😍😍

I loved the whole asthetic of this film and made what could have been a very cliche form feel genuine. It worked really well.

It did however feel very “artist approved” while it didn’t shy away from any of the gritty aspects of his life, the approach it took to them very much felt like this is what I did and look how amazing I am and how perfect life is now. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that but I just thought it might work better if it had more of an edge to it at then end instead “now everything’s perfect!”

Other than that this was an amazing watch and I can’t wait to see it again!!

Note: I haven’t given it a rating yet because I don’t really know how to rate it just yet and I want to sit with it for a while, maybe see it again! - but definitely loved it! 🤩

Laura ✨ liked these reviews