Lauren / 30 / I like writing 🏳️🌈🍿
I try so hard to find the good in things that I’ll rarely rate a movie 1 star.
🌤Full length reviews HERE🌤
1) Let me just shout this at the top of my voice: YOU MUST SEE THIS IN THE CINEMA, MY DUDE.
2) With Get Out and Us being some of the best horror movies this century, we all know that Jordan Peele has a lot to live up to. There’s no use waxing lyrical about his back catalogue at this point, because almost everyone is on the same page in terms of his prowess. All I’ll say it: Nope fits…
❄️Full length reviews HERE❄️
1) Nomadland is the most special film I’ve seen for a long time. I don’t recall the last time I felt grateful that a film existed, but that’s how I feel right now.
2) Frances McDormand’s soul lives in her eyes all the way through this performance. Before this, she was already one of my favourite actresses, and now she has solidified her place in that category. Also, I now love Swankie and Linda with my whole…
🍃Full length reviews HERE🍃
1) Ugh. Kill me. I was fully prepared for this to just be Oscar bait. I did not expect it to feel like a punch in the chest 😭
2) This film is shot so cleanly and with such clarity, which is in complete juxtaposition with the lead character’s state of mind. It has such a simplistic feel to its framing, and it feels so necessary because the story is so stressful to witness. So hard…