Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★

Like a lot of people, it's with Quentin Tarantino's filmography that I started to really get interested with cinema. I still remember watching Pulp Fiction with my friend and being mind blown by it. Considering that I'm a big fan of the guy, it's still crazy to think that this was my first time seeing one of his film in theaters. I can easily see Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood not being everyone's cup of tea. Basically nothing happens in it; that's not a joke. We basically see Rick, Cliff and Tate going about their day. That's pretty much it. Quite frankly, I wasn't completely sold when it first stated. But it seems like this trip down memory lane from Tarantino eventually won me over. It's gorgeous to look at, the soundtrack is terrific and it's full of love for 60s. And it has that classic Tarantino humour too. Some scenes are even quite hilarious. DiCaprio is pretty great, Robbie honestly doesn't have much to say, but she still pretty as ever and Pitt pretty much steals the show; he's terrific in this. Clearly not the best from Tarantino, yet still another solid film to add to his filmography. And the more I think about it, how fitting that this was the first of his I saw in theaters.

Ηλσι (Louis-Charles) liked these reviews