Little Women

Little Women ★★★★★

SUCH a wonderful film! If I had known that I’d love it half as much as I did, I would have gone to an earlier showtime so I could catch the next one immediately after!

I am so impressed with the justice that Greta Gerwig has done this story. Even if the non-linear narrative structure is a bit confusing in the beginning, it catches on rather quickly and reveals itself to be quite a clever choice that keeps the story from ever coming to a lull. Instead what you get is an upbeat pace and a charmingly novel take on an already lovely story, which makes the runtime just fly by.

Plus, what a stellar cast!! Saoirse Ronan is excellent as Jo March, feminist legend, but Florence Pugh is the one who truly steals the show; talk about a great year for her (and her perfect nose)! Also too good to evade mention: adorable Timothée, stunning Laura Dern, unexpected-but-always-delightful Bob Odenkirk, et cetera!

Overall, I seriously love Little Women. It is expertly-crafted, heartwarming, funny, and just so endearing— I literally had a smile on my face for most of the movie. This is one that I can definitely see myself watching many times over. An instant classic, if you will.

Lea liked these reviews