Letterboxd

Uh oh, we have gremlins in the control room…
Letterboxd is down due to an unscheduled technical outage. We’ll be back soon!

Still from Joe Dante’s Gremlins (1984)

Gremlins ga('set', 'dimension3', '/object/viewing'); ga('require', 'GTM-TB8HSDN'); ga('send', 'pageview'); ‎‘The Devil's Hand’ review by Lencho of the Apes • Letterboxd

Letterboxd

Uh oh, we have gremlins in the control room…
Letterboxd is down due to an unscheduled technical outage. We’ll be back soon!

Still from Joe Dante’s Gremlins (1984)

Gremlins if ( screen.width < 768 ) { var date = new Date(); var maxAge = 365 * 24 * 60 * 60; date.setTime(date.getTime() + maxAge * 1000); var expires = '; expires=' + date.toUTCString(); document.cookie = "useMobileSite=yes" + expires + "; path=/; maxAge=" + maxAge; if ( document.cookie && document.cookie.indexOf("useMobileSite=yes") >= 0 ) { window.location.reload(true); } else { // No cookies. No Mobile version. } }

The Devil's Hand ★★★

I'm always happy to see Bruno VeSota's name in a movie's credits, it's almost a guarantor of offfbeat, indie-50s funkiness. When he eventually became part of Roger Corman's stock company, that was just the culmination of all his career choices up to that time.

This is maybe the most generic thing I've seen him involved with, but it is *still* a gutter-noir version of The Seventh Victim, with a script that seems like it might have been pieced together by someone eavesdropping on beatnik gossip about Anton LaVey and his crew (and fictionalizing the results really really heavily because.)

Lencho of liked this review