Free Guy

Free Guy

I can’t believe I’m saying I enjoyed the film called Free Guy… but I enjoyed the film called Free Guy. This was really fun and I’m impressed by how intricate the plot actually was compared to what I expected. The cast is brilliant (thank you for reminding me that I fancy Joe Keery… needed that) and they all just seem like they were having a blast. I do think I’m immune to the Ryan Reynolds charm but the rest of the cast held this up too well to pretend it doesn’t work. Went with my family for meerkat movies, so not my choice of film, but I’m just glad we saw this and not Jungle Cruise.. it’s slim pickings when you’re with your family. But I had a good time, I wouldn’t say the humour is exactly my taste but there were some definite laughs from pure silliness and I can always respect pure silliness. I think it takes itself just seriously enough to make it interesting but not too serious to make you feel like the Ryan Reynolds video game movie is trying to change your life, it’s like hey here’s this weird idea about existence.. do what you will with it. I would watch it again for a fun movie night in the future and I recommend for any family cinema outings you might be having the next few weeks. The title seriously needed work though. I won’t let that go.

issy 🥝 liked this review