Tower of Terror ★★★

"One word: forget it!"

I love Walt Disney World, having been there 3 times between the age of 3 and 10, and I've been itching to go back ever since I last left. MGM (now Hollywood) Studios was always my favourite park and I was always fascinated by the Tower of Terror. It was so big and looked so cool and threatening. One of my earliest memories is seeing the view out of the window at the top, right before the elevator drops down several floors.

This movie isn't very good, but watching it filled me with nostalgia, especially since some of it was actually shot at the ride in Orlando. It's also a great example of one of those movies where absolutely everyone involved is giving it their all, which shines through even if their all isn't all that great.

Steve Guttenberg is out-acted tremendously by then-child actor Kirsten Dunst, and his terrible line delivery is about the only thing really holding it back from being exactly what it wants to be.

It's a made-for-TV kids movie based on a Disney ride, and that's exactly what it feels like, but I have to admit I didn't get bored, and it was very cute.

Lewiss liked these reviews