Images

This was a first time watch for me. And thanks to Arrow Films, I was able to watch the brand new scan and restoration on Blu-ray. It was an experience because I was overwhelmed with the beauty of this film. I'm speaking to both picture and sound. It's a real technical feat.

Vilmos Zsigmond shot this Panavision (anamorphic) and it's GORGEOUS. Really bold lighting (or lack of lighting) and such rich, immersive images. I wish I had a list of the lenses.

I had no idea that Susannah York was a writer. This film is based on her book In Search of Unicorns. And her writing is strong... always felt I was catching up with the screenplay which is much better than being ahead.

The film played competition at Cannes and Susannah York won Best Actress. Nominated for Best Music, Original Dramatic Score for John Williams.

Watched Arrow Films Blu-ray - great extras

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative, produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original English mono audio (uncompressed LPCM) soundtracks
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Audio commentary by Samm Deighan and Kat Ellinger
• Scene-select commentary by writer/director Robert Altman
• Imagining Images, an archive featurette with Altman and cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond
• Brand new interview with actor Cathryn Harrison
• An appreciation by musician and author Stephen Thrower
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Carmen Gray and an extract from Altman on Altman