Sean Baker’s review published on Letterboxd:
Love this film and rewatching it made me realize how great Kelly LeBrock is in this film. Can't imagine this film with Sharon Stone, Kelly Emberg, Demi Moore or Robin Wright (the others considered for the role). Wish her career had a different trajectory. She's so solid. And Bill Paxton is the 2nd MVP in this film. Might be my favorite performance of his.
Oh... I love Anthony Michael Hall but I can't stand his jive pimp impression. The bar scene is hilarious but the drive home is excruciating.
Arrow Video Blu-ray release is great but I wish they were able to interview LeBrock and Anthony Michael Hall.
- New restoration by Arrow Films from a 4K scan of the original negative
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentation of the original Theatrical Version of the film (94 mins), plus seamlessly-branched exclusive Extended Version (97 mins), featuring two additional scenes newly remastered in high-definition
- Original lossless stereo audio, plus 5.1 DTS-HD MA surround option (theatrical version only)
- Original English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Edited-for-TV version of the film (SD only, 94 mins), plus comparison featurette highlighting the alternate dubs and edits
Option to watch additional scenes from the Extended Version separately
- Casting ‘Weird Science’, an all-new interview with casting director Jackie Burch
- Dino The Greek, a newly-filmed interview with supporting actor John Kapelos
- Chet Happens, a newly filmed interview with special makeup creator Craig Reardon
- Fantasy and Microchips, a newly filmed interview with editor Chris Lebenzon
- Ira Newborn Makes The Score, a newly filmed interview with the composer
- It’s Alive! Resurrecting Weird Science, an archive documentary featuring interviews with cast, crew and admirers, including star Anthony Michael Hall
- Theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
- Image galleries
- BD-ROM: PDF of the original shooting script
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tracie Ching
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Amanda Reyes