Django Unchained

Django Unchained ★★★★½

They had this playing in my barber shop and I was able to catch the last 45 minutes or so. It’s infinitely better when you have your glasses off because your friend is cutting your hair so you can’t see the flashback scene of the dog attack. I can never watch that part anyway.
Also it was just so wholesome watching it in this environment? It’s all sweet black men who run the shop, and one of them was doing a kid’s hair, he couldn’t have been more than 10 and he kept telling the kid “this whole movie is a metaphor”. At one point the Me Too movement got brought up because Tarantino, and I instantly got worried as the only woman in the shop, but instead one of the customers just yelled “WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE MEN?”
Anywho I try to only log full film watches on here, but I’ve been thinking about what a nice time it was since yesterday, I just wanted to share. Plus I’m all laid up in bed with either a migraine or fatigue headache so I wanted to just share something happy about my life and this fantastic film.

Lizy liked these reviews