Mean Girls

Mean Girls

Didn't rewatch, but my body woke me up by overheating and now I have cramps, so here's some of my Thoughts™️:
- People who say Janice is a lesbian miss the entire point and it will never stop making me mad. Janice was hurt because Regina was constantly ditching her to hang out with a guy, a shitty thing to do, and Regina immediately took that as Janice being obsessed with her. It's a major part of the film, Regina is a shitty friend. Reading Janice as a lesbian is just ignoring the actual problem. Now if you want to talk Regina dealing with internalized homophobia, that's some queer theory I can get into.
- Aaron criticizes Cady for acting just like Regina but from her perspective he didn't pay attention to her until she did. If the writers/Cady had addressed that we could have had a moment of Aaron admitting that he did notice her right away and Cady would have had even more motivation to be herself.
- Similarly, Janice yells "you wanted to be plastic, you're not faking, you're plastic!" Why not have Cady yell back "no you wanted me to be plastic! You're just mad that I actually like it!" Knocks Janice off her high horse, makes her think about how much damn time she has put into getting revenge on her ex best friend from 8th grade, makes Cady wonder if she actually is happy with her position or if she's just saying it. (I'm guessing it's cause Tina Fey saw herself in Janice and didn't want to heavily criticize her).
- Tina Fey really just wrote "Africa" instead of picking a single country, huh