Annabelle Comes Home

Annabelle Comes Home ½

2019 Ranked

Annabelle Comes Home is actively destructive. Destructive in the sense it is trying to ruin future films. I never agree with the sentiment that movies can ruin others in the franchise, but this film sure does try. It isn't going to ruin my enjoyment of the first two Conjuring films or the second Annabelle, but it does make the future look relatively bleak.

The film seems to be made for the sole purpose of pushing as many future Conjuringverse properties as possible. So they introduce their haunted room that has been hinted at and shown briefly through the years. They show off probably about a dozen or so Creatures/Ghouls to hopefully pump some vitality in the franchise, but every single one feels written in completely without care.

On top of having terrible antagonists, the film sure threw me for a loop by having terrible protagonists as well. What a twist! Pretty fucking abysmal acting from all parts make every single scene unbearable from all accounts. Every single thing that could go wrong with a horror film is in this film. Do not watch it.

Block or Report