The Wolverine

The Wolverine ★★★★

I really like this movie. I think it looks phenomenal, has really strong writing, especially for a superhero movie, and the action scenes are incredible. Seriously though, that train sequence is one of my favorite action scenes in like any movie. It's so much fun to watch.

I do agree SLIGHTLY that the third act is weaker than the first two, but mostly just because of the pacing. I like everything they do with it, I love the allegiances in the movie being strained and constantly shifting, and I really like the revamp of Silver Samurai. But it's a bit too rushed in the last act. The rest of the movie is so methodical and beautifully paced that it really is a bummer the third act is just rushing toward the finish line.

Despite that this movie is a favorite of mine in the X-Men franchise. It's not as strong as Logan, but it's better than almost every other X-Men movie. Plus, we get some fantastic performances in this movie, especially when it comes to Hugh Jackman.

If you haven't seen this or maybe didn't like it too much the first time around, I implore you to give it another watch. It's a groovy watch.

London liked these reviews