Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★½

This sounded good. I wasn't sure though. Even after the trailers. I was still skeptical about how this would turn out. I expected it to be a very fun movie for the whole family. But what I got was so much more than that.

I don't even know how to start. I'm speechless. This film blew me away on so many levels. It has stunningly sharp and beautiful animation inspired directly from the comics. It's one of the most gorgeous looking animated movies ever.

There is so much heart put into this film. It's not your typical animated movie for the family. It's brutal. It's emotional. But it's also hilarious. And it's inspiring. It makes you - or it made me want to go out into the world and do better.

There is a powerful message built into this story. It was incredibly well done. Almost from start to finish. It went by in a flash too. It was a half hour longer than what it felt like. Because I was enjoying it so much.

I loved the references and easter eggs. I thought all the voice performances were exceptional. The soundtrack was brilliant. I can't praise this film enough.

I would rate it even higher; but I really want to see it again. I also wish we could have explored the Spider-Man lore even further and that this film didn't go by as quickly as it did. Because I was enjoying it so much.

This one is for the kids. It's for the parents. It's for the whole family. Everyone is going to take away some level of enjoyment of this. It's the first film in years that my audience in the cinema were clapping at the end. Excuse the pun but it really is... amazing.

Daniel liked these reviews