Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again ★★★★★

It's really impossible to rate Mamma Mia! movies, these movies and characters in them don't live in this universe, at some point you can say the same about every musical ever created, but Mamma Mia somehow is very different. When every other movies have such story like Mamma Mia, sometimes sloppy or over the top, you will say that it's a flaw, but in case Mamma Mia! is doesn't feel like that at all. Every flaw in this movie isn't actually a flaw, all those "flaws" were made with awareness, those "flaws" create a perfect world where the whole year is summer, where women are sunny and buoyant as possible, where men fuck up everyting and then try to make their mistakes up with a big grin on their faces, where every single people know lyrics to every ABBA song and at every opportunity would sing and dance to them as nothing in the world matters. People in the universe of Mamma Mia! find the best in the worst, they find hope where there wouldn't be any hope in the real world, when the film connects the past and the present, one thing stays the same, they smile and dance no matter what. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again give second breath to already classic songs of ABBA, it shows you that music (or art at large) can help you to go through every obstacle on your path. Movies like Paddington 2 and Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again are the movies we all need in times like this, to teach us see the light when you think you won't see any light for the rest of your life, to feast at every bad and good moment in your life in spite of all the problems, to dance and sing with those who love before they perish, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again teach you to bring joy into your life and those who surround you, don't waste any moment of your life, don't be afraid of love, love makes the world go round!

dani liked these reviews