2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey ★★★★½

this film is in a place between the hypnotic and the boring.
at first i thought "i just found the perfect movie for me to watch when i wanted to sleep" felt a sense of relaxation. the song and the view... i do not even need to comment on how important and impeccable the soundtrack of this film is, there is no one who doesn't know this soundtrack!!

perfectionist Kubrick the way he is, has made a work with an incredible and intelligent vision of the birth and evolution of man's life.
clearly 2001: a space odyssey is the father of science fiction films, made back then in 1968 and inspiring so many others that would exist.
the final scene is going to open your mouth and leave a lot of questions in your head, the reference of the painting "the creation of Adam" by Michelangelo and then suggests that the human being evolves through the expansion of consciousness (and this is true), Nietzsche's superman.
so i find myself admired for this Kubrick's sci-fi for not putting those metallic and extremely futuristic things that we usually see in films of the genre and raising the final conclusion to something more logical and that makes you think. i'm not a fan of sci-fi movies so this is something for me.

ana liked these reviews