Star Wars: The Last Jedi ★★★½

Overall, I enjoyed it, but if I had to choose I'd say The Force Awakens was definitely my favorite.

• When Luke stepped onboard the Falcon and had his moment with R2-D2. I cried like a baby during that scene.

• Same with Yoda. And I am super happy they used Puppet!Yoda

• Poe and Rey's little moment at the end. <3 I ship it.

• I don't buy that Rey's parents are no one. I think Kylo may said that just to piss her off. There was way too much emphasis on her parents in TFA for them to simply be no one. I'm still holding out that she is a Kenobi.

• Rose and Finn's "relationship" felt forced.

• Chewie and Luke's reunion. I thought there would have been way emotion.

• Leia force-flying through space. Considering Carrie Fisher's death, I would have been totally okay (and was expecting it) if Leia had passed away at that point. But having her fly through space to be in a coma for most of the movie was super cheesy and unnecessary.

• The way Phasma and Snoke's deaths were handled. I felt in the last movie like I was forced to give a crap about these two characters only for them to be killed off so suddenly.

• Some scenes felt cut off or like they served no point. Hard to describe but the filming seemed choppy.

• It was never clear to me if Benicio Del Toro's character was the real codebreaker or not. And then he just kind of bounced? Okay...

• The whole casino bit felt very weird and out of place for this movie. Almost like a callback to the prequels, which I did not care for.

• There was more hype for who was in the movie rather than the characters they played. Like Laura Dern, Benicio Del Toro, Andy Serkis, and Gwendoline Christie all played these characters that at the end of the day got very little in terms of character development. I was expecting more given how hyped up they were.