Shame ★★★★★

Steve McQueen has an excellent way of directing. When Fassbender jogs and how the camera moves and the heated argument between two characters and the placement of the camera is interesting. I think, if he had made three more films, he might potentially be my favorite director.

What is Shame about?

Shame examines the nature of need, the way we live our lives and the experiences that shape us. It is so powerful and moving and the music puts everything together to make this an excellent film. Which it is, it is an excellent film. And it gets all the praise it deserves. You are not gonna find a better film following the life of a sex addict.

Here's the thing:

Brandon IS an addict, and Cissy, his sister, sees it. Maybe she has her addictions too, trapping people, not taking no for an answer, disrupting people's private life and how they live them, and more things that only she can answer to. They both have their addictions, but they find it difficult to come to senses with them. Most people do, other people do come to senses.

And Brandon and Cissy are so amazingly acted by Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan, that I could say that those performances are probably one of my favorite of all time. And after much toe tapping and head scratching, I would definitely, personally, rank Shame as one of the ten greatest films of all time.

100/100