Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl ★★★★★

It’s kind of fate that “Pirates of the Caribbean” and I have been so closely linked my entire life. I was born just weeks before the first film’s release, if that isn’t a coincidence then I don’t know what is. I was three when I saw this film for the first time. “Dead Man’s Chest” had either just been released or was about to be. It was a very long time ago, but I am somehow able to remember it all so well. I was most likely at a Walmart mindlessly browsing through the movie section. I saw the film on the shelf and was immediately taken by the cover. I ended up getting the film and watching it later on that day. I’ve seen this film so many times by this point that I can’t even really remember what must have gone through my head the first time I saw it. I must have been completely blown away in every sense of the word. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. It was so grand, so exciting, so romantic, so funny, and so imaginative! It showed me how magical and awe-inspiring movies could be. I immediately became obsessed and watched the "behind the scenes" for the film more times than I can possibly remember. And that showed me all the hard work and passion that goes into making films like this.

Without “Pirates of the Caribbean”, I wouldn’t have an interest in film. Without “Pirates of the Caribbean”, I wouldn’t be heading off to film school soon, or even be on Letterboxd for that matter. Without “Pirates of the Caribbean”, my life would’ve turned out very differently. “Pirates of the Caribbean” is the reason I am who I am today, and I can’t thank this film, and the people behind it enough for that. “Pirates of the Caribbean” has been, and always will be, my favorite film of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Bring me that horizon.”