Burn After Reading ★★★★½

I'm a big fan of the Coen Brothers and their way to make something unique from a story that seems basic. They take a simple premise and make it so interesting. Burn After Reading is no different. This film is funny, witty and has a story that is well written.

It features a top-quality cast who put in some excellent performances. Brad Pitt's Chad is my favourite character because he's just so damn funny. I think it has something to do with his natural charisma. He just oozes it on the screen and I'm always drawn to his characters. Chad is so dumb that it physically hurt me at times. But it doesn't matter because "he's a good samaritan". Other performances from George Clooney, Tilda Swinton (who plays the ice queen again), John Malkovich and Frances McDormand make this a fascinating watch.

I saw this because of the scavenger hunt and it said I would love it if I loved Parasite. I definitely do love this film but for completely different reasons. I can see the parallels just like how bonkers it gets at times and it's kind of a middle finger to the man at times. But this one is all about the performances and the little moments between the characters and how they were all brought together. I loved Parasite because of the shock factor at points and I bought into the family in the film.

So I enjoyed this movie and it is a positive start to my first ever Scavenger Hunt. Let's see if I can finish it.