The Dark Knight ★★★★½

This Film: 93

The Trilogy: 90.3

Part 33 of Film Wars: The Dark Knight (Trilogy) vs. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (Dollars Trilogy.)

Two great franchises (I mean, I still need to see For a Few Dollars More, but that's soon.) First, the trilogy that changed the game for comic book movies.

Pros:
-Christopher Nolan, Hans Zimmer, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, etc. Thank you for your hard work on this trilogy.
-Cillian Murphy, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, and Tom Hardy are the scene stealers in their respective movies. But we all know the best part of Batman is his villains.
-The themes of Fear, Chaos, and Rising are all so perfectly put together and inherent in every one of the films.
-All the performances, all the set pieces, and certain scenes of this will forever be in my memory.
-This is also the perfect way to tie a superhero trilogy into the real world surrounding it. The true post 9/11 noir trilogy.
-Shoutout to Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman for doing amazing work even in these movies.
-Just lovely... Some of the strongest work of many people involved.

Cons:
-Some of the dialogue is off. Think "I didn't sign up for this."
-This trilogy takes some time. I mean, the shortest film in it is 140 minutes.
-Some of the editing and fight choreography is very much "eh", but I can forgive Nolan. He gets better.

Winner: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. (Dollars Trilogy.)

"Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."

(A-)