The Wolf of Wall Street

The Wolf of Wall Street ★★★½

We now live in a world where we can truthfully say "two time Academy Award nominee, Jonah Hill" thanks to this movie.

The Wolf of Wall Street tells the story of real life broker Jordan Belfort who gets involved with a boat load of drugs, women and money. Most of this film is nothing more than watching these characters get fucked up on drugs and alcohol. Sometimes it was funny (the lemon scene? I was in stitches the entire time) but for the most part it was just getting a bit ridiculous and repetitive.

However, I must say that DiCaprio gives one hell of a performance. He's scary. I honestly hate this character so much but DiCaprio sold it. He knocked it out of the park five times. Jonah Hill, as much as I hate to admit it, wasn't bad either. I just find him to be incredibly annoying in practically everything he does. But yeah, sure, he was passable. Who is this Margot Robbie? She is absolutely stunning and not a bad actress either! She held her own with DiCaprio and the last scene of hers in the film was definitely noteworthy.

Overall, I would say Wolf was enjoyable but personally it felt like they were trying too hard to push the envelope. It definitely felt forced at points. Nevertheless, I would still recommend this movie for DiCaprio's performance alone.

Madeline liked these reviews