Mulholland Drive

Mulholland Drive ★★★★★

Holy mother of shit.

Everyone was right. This movie does get better with a second viewing. What an incredible and psychedelic lucid trip into dreams and fantasies galore. Mulholland Drive is a masterpiece of insane proportions. The intense and almost horrific tone is pulled off with execution that only David Lynch can do. I had no clue what the fuck was going on the first time but after a second viewing I can say it is one hell of an experience.

It takes a genius to pull something off like this. To write, to direct, to envision something this complex and dreamy. I give all the props to David Lynch. The music is extremely engrossing and creepy and Naomi Watts is fucking incredible in this. One of the best peformances from an actress.

Overall I was perplexed and shocked by how much sense it made the second time and how incredible it was. The magnitude of the complexity and creativity enhanced in this movie is outstanding. I personally think this is one of the most outgoing and eeire films ever put to screen. The editing and sound are used in ways I have never seen. It is amazing to see that after all these different movies I have watched it is entirely possible to scratch surfaces that I haven't seen before.

Mulholland Drive will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Manny Liotta🍒 liked these reviews