Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Terminator 2: Judgment Day ★★★★★

We've got Skynet by the balls now huh!?

Terminator 2: Judgement Day is simply put one of the greatest action films of all time and greatest movie sequels of all time. James Cameron's fever dream turned into reality. And now it's 25 years later to the date and nothing has changed. It is a legacy that will strive forever.

Watching the 1993 Extended Version and examining every scene and every word, it's no wonder it's considered an action masterpiece. It's also a masterpiece of storytelling. Making a predecessor bite the dust is hard to do but with Cameron's genius writing he 360 flipped the momentum. Arnies now a GOOD guy protecting John Connor. You don't see that ever nowadays, sequels just being grand and unpredictable. The films entire feel is feverish and terrifying but yet grounded. The scenes with the T-1000 and the score by Brad Fiedel pulsing in the background just make me weak.

The action and special effects done by Stan Winstons company are phenomenal. This is why this film is what it is. The practical effects of the Terminators are incredible and completely real. And the stunt work with the guns and car chases feel real because it is happening in camera. Explosions and crashes. It's all there. The music again is pounding and intensifies the action unfolding. The direction James Cameron pulled off is beyond me. Complex and collected, every scene is dealt with so much purpose. It's what James Cameron does best.

It is one of my favorite and most influential films I've ever watched, Terminator 2: Judgement Day is one of cinemas legendary highlights. Midway through I really thought about how in this day in age there's barely films today that are like this. Nothing has changed. Pushing the boundaries of what film can do, T2 is unstoppable and legendary and I will never be tired of it. Ever.

Manny Liotta🍒 liked these reviews