The Hunt

The Hunt β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

πŸ’€HOOPTOBER 7.0πŸ’€
πŸ’€FILMS FROM THIS YEAR -1πŸ’€
πŸ’€FILM 9/36πŸ’€

Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are -- or how they got there. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, ruthless elitists gather at a remote location to hunt humans for sport. But their master plan is about to be derailed when one of the hunted, Crystal, turns the tables on her pursuers.

This started off a little like Hunger Games only much more inventive , comic and just plain better. The gory comic violence started almost immediately and didn’t let up right to the end. Yet despite all the gore and violence it’s really just a feel-good movie, very comic in nature as one bad guy Β after another gets his comeuppance.
Just when I thought I had figured the film out , director Craig Zobel gently pulls the rug from underneath my feet, making me laugh to myself thinking I could anticipate any of this .
This is pure fun, bloody, hilarious and Betty Gilpin is fantastic. She knows exactly what kind of film she is in.Β
This was a non stop action thrill ride that I wanted to go right back on .Expect the unexpected, prepare for nothing .

Michael501 πŸ“Ί liked these reviews