Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★★

Thanos: In all my years of conquest, violence, slaughter, it was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much.

[Captain America prepares to make a final stand when mystical portals open behind him. Black Panther, Shuri, and Okoye are the first to emerge from from the portals]

Black Panther: Yibambe... Yibambe... Yibambe... Yibambe!

Doctor Strange: [after arriving with reinforcements] Is that everyone?
Wong: What, you wanted more?

[A giant Ant-Man bursts through the rubble carrying Hulk, Rocket, and War Machine. The forces of the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Wakandan Army, Asgardians, and Ravagers stand united, ready to face Thanos and his army]

Captain America: Avengers...[summons Mjolnir]... Assemble!

It has been an absolute fun-filled ride, hasn't it? A most befitting conclusion and an end to an era of greatness that spanned over a decade. It all started with Tony Stark and how appropriate that it all ends with Tony Stark. I have seen this film seven times now and each time, Tony's sacrifice never fails to choke me up.

Thanos: I am... inevitable! [Thanos snaps his fingers, but nothing happens. He discovers that the gauntlet no longer has the Infinity Stones, and that Stark used his armor's nano-technology to transfer the Stones to his arm]
Tony Stark: And I... am... Iron Man! [Stark snaps his fingers, and Thanos' army slowly fades into dust]

WOW! Do you realize that this film is three hours long? It doesn't feel like it as the film has such an engaging and emotionally evocative story that includes love and loss, duty and honor, as well as family and friendship. Along with flawlessly choreographed, highly-spirited and captivating action sequences, makes the time pass in a heartbeat.

I am not going to sit here and write a performance review on the entire cast. So, instead, let me just say that the entire ensemble cast were solid gold with brilliant and witty dialogue interpolated at just the right moments.

One of my favorite pinnacle moments in the film was when Captain America lifts Mjolnir and engages Thanos with hammer and shield. Pure awesomeness! Another was the arrival of all the superheroes joining Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man against Thanos and his army, that were erased by the snap.

My only minor grievance with the film was that Captain Marvel had only 15 minutes of screen time during the whole three hours. I was hoping to see more of Captain Marvel, especially her kicking some major ass.

Overall, the Russo Brothers Avengers: End Game was a poignant yet exhilarating finale! The death of Tony Stark was a heartbreaking moment that truly hits home. The sacrifice of Black Widow was jaw-dropping. The retirement of a now old aged Steve Rogers will leave you speechless. Like Infinity War, this film is one of the most difficult films to review as there is just so much content in one movie, it's overwhelming, so I will save some for another day. The third best entry into the MCU and one of my favorite Superhero films.

Tony Stark: I love you 3000.

MCU Ranked